Juicy, ripe pears smashed with wild honey, fresh lime juice, Kentucky Bourbon, and finished with a dose of ginger beer.
My friend brought me the most delicious pears from her backyard in Pennsylvania. With it being the first Friday of Fall, I had to use them one of my favorite cocktails! This cocktail is nothing without super ripe and juicy pears, so if you only have hard crisp ones, wait this one out.
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 TBS cinnamon
- 1/2 small pear (Bartlett's are the best!), chopped into bite size pieces
- 2 TSP wild honey
- 1/2 OZ lime juice
- 3 OZ Kentucky Bourbon, I like Bulliet Bourbon
- 6 OZ ginger beer
- In a small bowl mix sugar and cinnamon together. Dip the top 1/6th of a sifter glass in water and then into the cinnamon sugar mixture. Set aside.
- Muddle pear, honey, and lime juice together in a cocktail shaker or sturdy pint glass. This is where it's super important to have a tender pear, otherwise it won't breakdown and create a puree like texture.
- Add bourbon and stir well.
- Transfer to prepared sifting glass and add ice. Top with ginger beer and garnish with a pear slice and a cinnamon stick.